Duties of the Community Council include the following:
· Develop a School Improvement Plan
· Develop a School Land Trust Program
· Assist in the development and implementation of a Staff Development Plan
· Develop a Child Access Routing Plan (elementary level only)
· Advise and make recommendations to school and District administrators and to the School Board when appropriate
· Develop a Reading Achievement Plan (elementary level only)
· Create subcommittees and task forces as needed
The Grouse Creek Community Council
Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 3:30PM at the Grouse Creek School.
School Trust Lands
School Trusts Lands were granted by the United States to each state joining the union. When Utah entered the union it was granted four sections (a section is one square mile of land) per township. Beginning in 2000, by state law every public school in the district established a School Community Council at the school level (Utah Code. Section 53A-1a-108).